April 17, 2012 - Kasia
Personnel awards seek firms with outstanding HR
Innovative small firms which can demonstrate successful HR policies are being called on to enter the Personnel Today awards.
The awards celebrate firms which are making a positive impact with their people management skills, whether that’s creating a winning reward scheme for staff or coming up with a ground-breaking recruitment scheme.
Small firms are eligible to enter all 23 categories and interested businesses will be judged on how they developed their HR idea or approach, and what benefits this brought the company. Entry fees are £125 plus VAT per business and applications must be made online.
This year’s categories include:
- Award for talent management — for businesses who have devised successful ways to retain key staff.
- Award for excellence in learning and development — for businesses which have boosted motivation or productivity through training.
- Award for innovation in recruitment — for businesses which have come up with successful new ways to target, select and recruit employees at all levels.
- Award for workplace diversity — for businesses which can demonstrate measures to achieve a diverse workplace, such as a flexible working scheme targeting older workers.
- Award for corporate social responsibility — for businesses recognising the importance of a CSR programme through collaboration with the local community or charity.
- Award for excellence in HR through technology or social media — for businesses creating business benefits by using tools such as an e-HR system, e-learning or social media.
Winners receive national and local press coverage and will be invited to attend an awards dinner in London on 28 November 2012. The closing date for entries is 15 June 2012.