Welcome to our brand new 'popular' page where we'll be adding links to our most read features and information plus hot topics. Keep checking here to see what's new.
- How much luck do you need in business? We speak exclusively to some leading business people – including James Caan, Levi Roots, Will King and Doug Richard – to find out their views on the importance of luck in business
- Profile: The Ethical Businessman Griff Holland set up Friska in 2009 with fellow Bath University economics graduate Ed Brown. Although they have big plans for their Bristol-based takeaway with a difference, profit is not their only goal
- Eight reasons to start your own business when you graduate Are you coming to the end of your university course and wondering what to do next? It’s become a much more popular option for large numbers of graduates, but why would you start your own business?
- How we used cigar boxes to build up a business How Bristol-based duo Tom Drummond and Pat Hammett are bringing an age-old musical tradition up to date with beautiful, handmade cigar box guitars made in their Easton workshop, which are bought by customers all over Europe
- The golden rules of starting and running a seasonal business Just because customers won’t buy your products or services throughout the year, doesn’t necessarily mean your business idea isn’t viable. Many of the challenges seasonal businesses face are the same as any other business. However, some are unique. So what are the golden rules of starting and running a seasonal business?
- 10 ways to… Cope with a demanding workload It can be easier said than done when you've got a million and one things to do, but remaining organised and prioritising tasks can help you to cope while maximising your productivity. The following tips are intended to help you handle a demanding workload…