When you take on a new member of staff, there are five initial tasks you need to carry out to ensure you comply with the law:
- set your pay rate and pay at least the National Minimum wage
- carry out pre-employment checks to ensure your employee is legally entitled to work in the UK
- arrange employers' liability insurance if you are not already insured
- register as an employer with HM Revenue & Customs
- give your new employee a written statement of employment
You can find guidance and tools to help you fulfil these duties on the GOV.UK website.
Start Up Donut is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.