Obtaining flood insurance in high-risk areas

Flooded street - Obtaining flood insurance in high-risk areasIf your property/premises has suffered from flood damage in the past, if there is a history of flooding in your neighbourhood or you are within an identified flood risk area, it can sometimes be difficult to find insurance cover.

This Defra (Department from Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) guide provides information that aims to help you obtain cover. It explains how to get specialist help and what information you may be asked to give, provides tips on how to reduce the impact of flooding and the last section of the guide provides useful information on key organisations – their responsibilities and contact details and relevant websites for further reading.