The Start Up Donut website ('the website') is provided by Atom Content Marketing Ltd ('Atom').
You may use the contents of the website for your own use. You may not modify, translate, re-publish, upload, or post material (including logos, trademarks, code and software). If you wish to make a request for consent to use any content outside these terms, please contact [email protected].
You agree to only use the website for lawful purposes and that any content or information that you provide to the website will be true and accurate and will not infringe the rights of any third party, nor be obscene, libellous or defamatory. You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities and costs, including legal costs, arising out of your breach of this term.
You continue to own the content after you have posted it on the website. You automatically grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to modify and use the content that you have posted.
We may delete, edit or move content without notice and for any reason and may record the IP address from which any content is posted.
We, or our third party licensors, own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the content and no licence of any such intellectual property rights is granted to you by way of your use of the website. Start Up Donut is a registered trade mark of Atom.
The website provides information for small businesses in England and Wales. (Some regulations and legal processes may be different in Scotland and Northern Ireland.) Our content should not be used as a substitute for legal or professional advice.
All content is made available on this website on an 'as is' basis. We cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions. Any reliance you place on our content will be at your own risk.
Neither Atom, nor its employees, experts, sponsors or syndication partners are liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of the website. These individuals and organisations exclude all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of your use of the website and its content.
These terms and your use of the website are governed by English law and any dispute arising from the terms or your use shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
"Win a box of doughnuts" social media competition terms and conditions
Competition details: What's the best business advice you've been given? Tweet us @startupdonut using the hashtag #Donut2 or comment on our Facebook page and we'll send a box of doughnuts to the writers of the best three entries. Entries close at 5pm on 27 May 2016.
1. The promoter is: Atom Content Marketing Ltd ('Atom', company no. 02784650) whose registered office is at CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL.
2. Employees of Atom or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Entrants are asked to tweet @startupdonut or comment on the Donut Facebook page with their best business advice tip and using the hashtag #Donut2.
5. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: practical tip, insightful tip, interesting tip, powerfully worded tip, newsworthy tip.
6. Closing date for entry will be 5pm on 27 May 2016. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The prize is a box of 12 doughnuts delivered to each of three winners. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
10. Winners will be selected from an anonymous list by Atom's CEO, Rory MccGwire, from all entries received.
11. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter will notify the winner when the prize will be delivered.
13. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.