As the founder of an organisation that helps small businesses grow, one of the key challenges owners often face is how can they boost their productivity? At a basic level, increasing productivity starts with developing an optimised, streamlined workflow for day-to-day administration.
Thankfully, there are literally dozens of tools that can help you do just that. Here are a few of the ones I use.
- Echosign – do you ever need to get a contract or other important document signed quickly? Echosign provides a simple solution, that allows your clients to sign documents electronically and send them straight back to you.
- MessageBase – a state-of-the-art telephone answering services and virtual office that provides a range of products for businesses of all sizes.
- Paymo – for those who need to keep a tab on how much time they’re spending on a project, this time-tracking and invoicing utility comes in pretty handy.
- Dropbox – an incredibly user-friendly online backup utility that allows you to sync and share all your files without any hassle. New users automatically receive 2GB free storage, after which various premium plans are available.
- Teambox – an amazing project management toolkit, ideal for virtual teams and client collaboration.
- Hootsuite – a social media dashboard that allows you to manage all your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc) in one place.
- Evernote – acts as a second brain that allows you to save and manage information in one place.
- Highrise – a web-based customer relationship management (CRM) system that simplifies managing contacts, leads and sales.